Instagram is one of the most used social networks in the world. Having a well-ordered profile, therefore, is of fundamental importance to emerge… and if you are now here and you are reading this tutorial, it is precisely because you are looking for suitable solutions for this purpose, am I right? Great, then know that you’ve come to the right place!
In the next chapters of this tutorial, in fact, you can find a series of apps to organize Instagram that will allow you to manage your profile in person or, in some cases, share it securely with other people, offering you the possibility to schedule the publication of content in the days and times set by you, use the best hashtags, analyze the results obtained from your content and much more.
Each of these applications has its exact functions, so the choice is yours alone. In fact, depending on the type of service you need, you will certainly be able to find an application that suits you, among the ones I am about to show you. All you have to do, therefore, is to carefully analyze all the options and decide which is the most suitable for what you are looking for. Enjoy your reading and have fun!
Preview : Planner (Android / iOS / iPadOS)
Preview: Planner is one of the most advanced applications for organizing Instagram, available on both Android and iPhone. Thanks to this handy app, not only can you organize every detail of an Instagram profile, but you can even entrust control of it to external people, without having to share account data, such as username and password, with them. It offers three different packages, suitable for various needs, including a free one.
- Free package – the version free application supports a single Instagram account and a single device. It provides unlimited posts, a basic analysis of the results and the ability to create Reel. Finally, you get two packs of filters.
- Pro Pack – costing $ 7.99 per month or $ 79.99 per year , in addition to the features of the previous package, with this version you have all the filter packages and a feature that allows you to study the most used hashtags. Additionally, a more complex result analysis than the free package is included.
- Premium Package – costing $ 14.99 per month or $ 149.99 per year , this package, in addition to the features included in the previous packages, offers an unlimited number of users who can manage a single account. Among other features, there is the possibility of making backups, options to work in groups on an account and a PC version of the application.
To download Preview: Planner, if you are using an Android device, you can go to the official application page on the Play Store (or an alternative store, if you are using a device without the Play Store) and press the
If, on the other hand, you have an iPhone, you can download it via the official App Store page, by pressing the Get button and verifying your identity via Face ID, Touch ID or Apple ID password (if required).
Once you have downloaded Preview: Planner, open the application and select the package you want to use. At this point, check the I have read and agree option and then press the Continue button.
After doing this, you need to create an account for the application. Then enter your email in the required field and then press the Next button. At this point, type your password in the required field and press the Next button again. Finally, on the page you are brought to, enter your password again in the new required field and then press the Create Account button. That’s it: you have now created an account in the application.
Now, therefore, you need to link an Instagram account to Preview: Planner. To do this, click on the Login with Instagram button and confirm. At this point, enter the username and the password of your Instagram account in the required fields and then press the Login button.
Now that you have linked your Instagram account to Preview: Planner, you should be able to see all the posts of the chosen Instagram profile on the main screen of the application.
If you want to load a new content into the application, just click on the icon of the first tab , at the top, and then on the + icon that you find at the top right. From the menu that is proposed to you, you can select various contents, including individual images or videos, by selecting the Library option or galleries by selecting the Carousel option. You can also take photos or videos on the spot, using the Take Photo or Take Video options.
Then choose one of the options, which will take you to your Gallery, or to your camera. When you’ve found or created the content you want to upload, select it so you can import it into the application.
If you want to edit content , select it and then press the cartoon icon .
To add a caption to a post or story, click on the blank space on the right side of the photo and start typing that you want to write.
You can also create hashtag groups , simply by pressing on the icon + located under Groups . In the screen that opens, press the Add Group item and then type the hashtags you want to create. When you are done, type a name for the group under HASHTAG GROUP NAME and then press the Done button.
Now that you have created a group of hashtags, you can add one or more hashtags simply by selecting, under Groups , the group you have just created (you can then use it in any content you want to publish).
Now that you’ve uploaded a piece of content, it’s time to schedule a post or story . To do this, simply click on the balloon icon and then activate the option Schedule Post . By doing this, a screen will appear, from which you can choose the day and the time in which to publish the content. When you have decided the date, click on Confirm and finally press the Done button.
The same procedure also works if you want to program a Reel , a long-running video or a story . All you have to do is press, respectively, on the icon of the second , third or fourth tab , depending on what you want to publish, and follow the same instructions I just showed you.
To see all the scheduled contents , you have to press on the calendar icon located at the top left. From here, you can also edit the schedule of a content. Just click on the content in question, so that you can see all the settings I’ve already shown you.
From the calendar, you can also delete the schedule of a content All you have to do is deactivate the schedule by clicking on the option under the SCHEDULE item.
Another interesting feature of Preview: Planner is the one that allows you to change the order of the posts you upload to the application, so that you can see what your profile will look like in a once all posts are published. Note, however, that you can only carry out this action with the posts you program from the app. This means that you cannot do this with already published posts, which are marked with the Instagram icon.
To change the order of the posts, simply press and hold the content you want to move and position it exactly where you want it to be displayed in your profile, releasing it. That’s all!
Plann + (Android / iOS / iPadOS)
Plann + is also a great option to organize your Instagram profile in the best possible way. The application, available both on Android and on iPhone and iPad, offers a really easy to understand interface and several very useful features for organizing the Instagram profile.
Plann + offers several plans, which almost only expand the number of Instagram accounts that can be managed at the same time. Here are all the offers available.
- Free – free option that offers a collaborator and an Instagram account, with limited functions, including a maximum of 30 schedules per month. Furthermore, no more than 120 content can be published.
- Power User – option costing 9 $ per month or 84 $ all ‘year . It offers the possibility to have a collaborator and to connect an Instagram account, including all the functions of the application.
- Build – option costing 19 $ per month or $ 180 per year . It offers the possibility to have two collaborators and to connect two Instagram accounts, including all the functions of the application.
- Grow – option costing 59 $ per month or € 540 per year . It offers the possibility of having four collaborators and connecting five Instagram accounts, including all the functions of the application.
- Play Big – option with a cost of $ 129 per month or $ 1,260 per year . It offers the possibility of having eight collaborators and connecting ten Instagram accounts, including all the functions of the application.
After having downloaded the application, you need to create an account. To do this, open the app and press the SIGN UP key. Then enter your name , your email and a password in the required fields and press the SIGN UP button again .
Now, to start organizing your Instagram profile, first you need to connect it to the Plann + application. To do this, press the Connect Instagram Account item and, in the screen that appears, press the CONNECT button. Finally, enter the username and the password of your Instagram account in the required fields and press the Login button.
Now that everything is ready, you can start uploading a future Instagram post to Plann + . What you have to do is simply click on the + icon located at the bottom of the screen.
To load a story , on the other hand, simply press the STORIES tab, located at the top of the screen. You can return to the post publishing page by simply clicking on the POST tab, next to that of the stories.
A at this point, you can select various options from the icons that appear. To upload a video or a single image from your Gallery, press the Upload button. If, on the other hand, you want to upload an album of images or videos, always from your Gallery, press the Carousel button.
You can also upload content from online platforms, such as Google Drive or Dropbox . To do this, simply select the respective platform icons.
After you have selected the content with which you want to make a post or a story, you will be taken to the editor . From here, you can write a caption for the content in question, simply typing it in the appropriate field.
By pressing the Hashtags , you can also create hashtag groups: from here, you have to press the Create Set button and type the hashtags you want to insert within a predefined hashtag group. When you have written them all, enter the name of the group in the field named Name your set and finally click on the Save Set item.
To add a group of hashtags to a post or a story, press the Hashtag button and then press the Add item to caption located to the right of the group in question you want to add.
Now, all that’s left to do is program publishing content . To proceed, select one of the contents you uploaded to the application and then press the Schedule tab, located at the bottom of the screen.
You must then choose the date and the time in which you want the content to be published on your Instagram profile. When you have decided, click on the Save button located at the top right and confirm.
You can modify programming simply by pressing again on the post or content in question and pressing on the chosen date. To cancel the schedule , press the Unschedule button located at the top of the screen instead.
You can also see a preview of what your profile will look like once all scheduled posts are published, with the ability to move posts not yet online. To do this, press and hold on a content you want to move and drop it where you want to place it.
Planoly (Android / iOS / iPadOS)
If the applications I have shown you in the Previous chapters still don’t convince you, so I highly recommend you take a look at Planoly . This app, available on Android and iPhone, offers a variety of features that can help you better manage your Instagram account. Furthermore, it is important to note that the application offers the same type of support for Pinterest as well.
This application offers several packages, while still having a free version. Below, I show you all the available options.
- Free – the free version of the application allows you to manage an Instagram account and a Pinterest account and to have a collaborator. It also allows you to post photos on Instagram and view the comments of the five most recent posts on your profile. Finally, it offers a basic statistics analysis service.
- Solo – at a cost of $ 9 per month or $ 84 per year, this package allows you to manage an Instagram account and a Pinterest account and to have a collaborator. In addition, it also offers various features, including the ability to publish posts of any kind, be it photos, videos or GIFs or the ability to share your content on other social networks. Finally, it offers a basic statistics analysis service.
- Duo – at a cost of $ 19 per month or $ 180 per year , this package allows you to manage two social media of your choice between Instagram and Pinterest and to have two collaborators. Furthermore, it includes all the features of the previous package, but with some limitations. For example, the number of posts on which comments can be viewed are not unlimited.
- Custom – at a cost of $ 29 per month or $ 345 per year , this package allows you to manage multiple social media at the same time to choose between Instagram and Pinterest and to have any number of collaborators. Furthermore, it includes all the features of the previous package, without any limitations.
To register a new account on Planoly , you have to start the application and then press the CREATE ACCOUNT button. At this point, enter your email , password and your name ; then press the CREATE ACCOUNT button again.
Now, of course, there is only one thing left to do, that is connect your Instagram account to the application. Nothing could be simpler: press the Link Instagram button and, on the page you are brought to, press the LINK VIA INSTAGRAM button. At this point, enter your username and password of your Instagram account and then press the Login button.
To upload a photo to the application and post it, just click on the + icon located on the bottom of the screen. From the menu that is proposed to you, then select the item Photos and choose the photo you want to upload. Finally, click on the UPLOAD button.
If, on the other hand, you want to upload a photo to make a story , the process is almost the same. Simply press the PLAN STORIES key and follow the same instructions I gave you earlier.
Now, to add a caption to the post or story , type the text in the appropriate section, located on the right side of the image.
You can add hashtags to your content, but you need to create a group first. To do this, press the icon # and then press the icon + . Then enter the name of the group in the field called Name and type the hashtags in the field called Content . When you are done, click on SAVE .
To select a group of hashtags , you simply have to press on the icon # ; then, press the group you have chosen and press the Add button.
At this point, for schedule a post or a story , press the option Schedule a reminder notification and choose the date and the time in which the content must be published. When you have decided, click on the SAVE button and confirm.
To change the schedule of a content, just click on the date you have chosen and set a different one. If, on the other hand, you want to cancel the schedule of a content, you must deactivate the option called Schedule a reminder notification .
You can also move posts that have not yet been published, to see what they will look like once they are actually on your Instagram profile. To do this, all you have to do is hold down a photo you want to move and drop it where you want to place it.
Other apps to organize Instagram
By chance you would like to consult some more application, before choosing the one to entrust with the organization of your Instagram account? So, below, I’ll leave you some other options that might be right for you.
- Later ( Android / iOS / iPadOS) – this application offers many useful functions, first of all the possibility of receiving a reminder at a set time to send a certain content online. There is also the option to program your own content by purchasing any of the premium packages available.
- Crowdfire (Android / iOS / iPadOS) – what makes this application relevant is the ability to manage, in addition to Instagram accounts, also those of other social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. It also manages to recommend a suitable time for posting content.
- UNUM (iOS / iPadOS) – this is a very simple application, which provides the basic features for organizing an Instagram profile, including editing your photos or scheduling content. In addition, you can use all the features of this application also for TikTok.
Salvatore Aranzulla is the most widely read blogger and IT popularizer in Italy. He is known for discovering vulnerabilities in Google and
Microsoft. He collaborates with computer magazines and edited the technological column of the newspaper Il Messaggero. He is the founder of Aranzulla.it, one of the
thirty most visited sites in Italy, in which he responds with simplicity to thousands of computer-related doubts. He has published for Mondadori and