You are having several problems with Instagram , you would like to report this to the app developers but you don’t know how to do it? Have you found content that infringes your copyright or that contains your private information on Instagram and you don’t know how to bring it to the attention of the well-known social platform? Don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place at the right time!
With today’s tutorial, in fact, I’ll explain how to contact Instagram in order to report technical problems, copyright infringements, unauthorized publication of personal data and other common problems. You will hardly receive a direct response from those who manage the service: the requests that are sent every day by users are so many that it would be impossible for the Instagram staff to respond to all but, if well-founded, your reports will certainly be accepted and satisfied as soon as possible. possible time.
Everything clear so far? Well, then now take a few minutes of free time, read the instructions you find below and put them into practice to report to Instagram all the critical issues that you detect at this moment on your account (or on the accounts of other users). I am convinced that, even if you will not be able to speak “face to face” with a technician “in flesh and blood”, you will be able to solve all your problems with this famous social network. Happy reading and good luck for everything!
How to contact Instagram for account recovery
Let’s first see how to contact Instagram for account recovery. Whether you want to recover an account blocked by Instagram, an account that you have temporarily disabled or an account of a loved one who has passed away, in order to make their profile commemorative, below you will find out how to proceed.
How to contact Instagram for blocked account
To proceed, take your smartphone, start the app of Instagram on your Android or iOS device and log into your account. You should then see a message that the profile has been blocked / deactivated.
Then select the option More information and, on the new page opened, click on Contact us . Now follow the instructions that are provided to you on the screen, answer the questions proposed to provide as much information as possible, indicate the required data in the fields Name and surname and Your username on Instagram And press the Send button to send your report.
Within a few hours, you will receive a email from Instagram with all the information necessary for identity verification , which serves to prove that you are the owner of the blocked account. At this point, you just have to cross your fingers: Instagram will carefully evaluate your report and decide whether to “unblock” the account it had blocked.
How to contact Instagram for account disabled
Would you like to contact Instagram for account disabled ? If you have not deleted the profile (an action from which you cannot go back), but you have only temporarily deactivated it of your own free will, there is no need to contact Instagram: just log in to your account again and it will be re-enabled, thus becoming visible on the platform again.
To proceed from smartphones and tablets , start the Instagram on your Android or iOS device, enter your login data in the text fields Phone number, email address or username and Password and press the button Log in .
From computer , instead, after opening the Instagram application for Windows 10 or after going to the main page of the web version of Instagram, enter the data associated with your account in the fields Phone number, username or e-mail and Password and click on the Login button.
In case you have registered on Instagram through your Facebook account, to reactivate your profile, simply press the Login with Facebook button to log in. For more information on how to reactivate disabled Instagram account, I refer you to reading the tutorial I published on the subject.
If, on the other hand, the profile you have been deactivated by Instagram without your color, for alleged violations of the rules of the social network, follow the instructions I gave you in the previous chapter.
How to contact Instagram for commemorative accounts
If you want to get in touch with Instagram to report a commemorative account , ie accounts belonging to deceased people, know that what is feasible using a special form made available by the platform.
I remind you that, once an account is commemorated, no one will be able to access it, the “In memory of” label will be added next to the person’s name on the profile, the shared contents will remain visible on Instagram and no one will be able to edit them later.
To proceed, go to this page on the Instagram Help Center and fill out the proposed form indicating your name and surname using the appropriate text fields and menu , your e-mail address l , name and surname of the deceased person , Instagram username of the deceased person , certification of death , when it is death occurred and any additional information . When you are ready to do so, click on the Submit button to send the report.
If you want to remove the profile in the future of a deceased person, however, you will have to contact Instagram through this other form, fill it in all its parts and send it.
How to contact Instagram for a problem
Have you noticed inappropriate or offensive content on Instagram? Have you been a victim of spam? If so, let me explain how to contact Instagram about a problem .
How to contact Instagram to report inappropriate content / offensive
In this part of the article I want to explain how to contact Instagram to report inappropriate and / or offensive content , using the special function made available by the platform. However, I invite you to use it only if you believe that there is an actual violation of the community guidelines and / or the conditions of use of the service. Understand?
- To report a photo or video – access Instagram from the official app of the service for Android or iOS, from its Web version or from the official application for Windows 10, locate the photo or video to report to the social network staff (even in the stories) and press the three dots icon which is located at the top right of the post in question. Then select the Report item from the menu that opens, press the words It is inappropriate and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the report, specifying the reason for which you are reporting the photo or video you have chosen (e.g. Nude or sexual acts , Speeches or symbols inciting hatred , Violence or dangerous organizations , Sale of illegal or regulated goods , etc.). Depending on the type of motivation you have selected, you may have to go even more specific, selecting a reference subcategory.
- To report a profile – go to it, tap on the three dots icon located at the top right, select the Report item from the menu that appears and press the Report account item. Then indicate why you are reporting the account (eg. Post content that shouldn’t be on Instagram , Pretend to be someone else, etc.) and follow the instructions that appear on the screen to send the report.
- To report a comment you received on Instagram – after opening the post containing the “offending” comment, tap on the View N comments item located under the post itself, select the comment in question, press the [!] that appears on the screen. Then select the word Report this comment , press on the item It is inappropriate , indicate the specific reason why you consider it inappropriate (eg. Suicide, self-harm or eating disorders ) and follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the report.
If you want to send a report for infringement of copyright, for an account that has assumed someone else’s identity on Instagram, for violation of Instagram guidelines (such as photos, videos, profiles or comments with explicit or violent content), for violation of yours privacy rights, for bullying or other intimidating behaviors, reporting a user under 13 on Instagram, reporting a person convicted of sexual assault on Instagram or other content reports, use the specific forms available in the Help Center za of the social network, which I just linked to.
Once your report is received, the Instagram staff will evaluate it and decide whether to intervene on content or whether to let it go. Unfortunately there is no way to follow the status of the case.
How to contact Instagram for spam
You would like to contact Instagram for spam? If so, let me explain how to do this with regards to content, accounts and comments.
- To report a photo or video – access Instagram from the official app of the service for Android or iOS, from its web version or from the official application for Windows 10, locate the photo or video to report as spam, press the three dots symbol at the top right and select It’s spam , or Report> It’s spam if it’s a story.
- To report a profile – go to it, click on the three dots icon at the top right, press the Report in the opened menu and select It’s spam .
- To report a comment you received on Instagram – after opening the content with the comment to be reported as spam, press on View N comments located under the post itself, select the comment in question, press the [!] symbol that appears and select the captions Report this comment> It’s spam .
How to contact Instagram by mail
Do you want to contact Instagram by mail ? I’m sorry, but this contact method is not currently available. If things change in the future, I will update the article with all the appropriate instructions.
How to contact Instagram with phone number
You want to contact Instagram with a phone number? I’m sorry, but this method of contact is not currently available in Italy. If one day it becomes available, I will not fail to update the article by providing the necessary information to call Instagram.
Salvatore Aranzulla is the most widely read blogger and IT popularizer in Italy. He is known for discovering vulnerabilities in Google and
Microsoft. He collaborates with computer magazines and edited the technological column of the newspaper Il Messaggero. He is the founder of Aranzulla.it, one of the
thirty most visited sites in Italy, in which he responds with simplicity to thousands of computer-related doubts. He has published for Mondadori and