Are you wondering how your friends split a photo on Instagram by creating a mosaic effect ? If you have come to this page you are surely a lover of the well-known social network with the colored polaroid, yes Instagram just him. After all, it is impossible not to love the social world that revolves around the social network most loved by Italian kids, and beyond.
In recent years, Instagram has been growing dramatically and making the most of it can bring remarkable advantages to make yourself known and also establish important working collaborations if you are a company or a brand. As we have seen together in several articles, IG continues to grow and keeping up with it is increasingly difficult.
Among the various points that I had reported to you in my previous article, to increase followers on Instagram, there is to take care of your profile IG.
For this reason, taking care of your Instagram profile feed is certainly one of the first winning moves to get noticed on Zuckerberg’s famous social network, the most used after Facebook. Have you ever thought about dividing your photos into several parts creating an interesting and captivating mosaic effect ?
If you were in a desperate search for split your new photos and give life to an original and creative Instagram profile you’ve come to the right place.
In this article I will tell you about some very useful, intuitive and easy to use apps if you want to split a photo into different parts creating a pleasing effect to the sight of your followers. I’ll tell you right away that the solutions I’m going to propose are free and, above all, really very simple to use.
Don’t worry, you don’t need to be a photographer or a photography expert, you can do something like this directly from your smartphone while sitting comfortably on the sofa at home.
All you have to do is indulge me a few minutes of your time, get comfortable and follow this guide on the best photo splitter apps , perfect for both Android and iOS devices. Well, we just have to start and dive into the colorful and fun world of Instagram.
Index of contents
What is the Mosaic effect on Instagram
When we search and visit the Instagram profile of a person or a company, what immediately catches our eye and catches our attention is the feed . When I talk about feeds, I refer to the wall.
If you want to take care of your Instagram profile and not go unnoticed, it is very important to devote valuable time to the care of your Instagram profile, few and simple precautions that will allow you to conquer the curiosity and likes of numerous instagrammers.
Among the various techniques to make your IG profile particular and not trivial, there is certainly the one that provides for the transformation of the feed into a real and its own mosaic.
Creating the so-called mosaic effect is nothing more than publishing real photo grids, that is simple divided photos so that their different parts form a single larger photo .
Et voilà, here is the famous mosaic effect, an increasingly fashionable and certainly very nice effect to make your Instagram profile different and certainly very elegant. Like real pieces of a mosaic, your photos will fit in the right place making your feed original and like-proof.
If you are looking for apps, easy to use, to divide your shots into multiple parts and thus create the much desired effect I am talking about, the solutions you can rely on are many, you just have to sift them individually. Keep following me.
App to divide Instagram photos for Android and iOS
As I told you before to be able to create a fabulous mosaic effect and drive you crazy with envy your competitors on Instagram come to our help simple and fast apps, ready to turn your dream into reality.
As with a magic wand, these apps that I am about to suggest, will divide in two or the more you share your photos allowing you to easily upload them to the well-known social network in just a few steps.
The trio of apps that I’m about to present to you is perfect for those who love photography and want to take care of their IG profile to stand out from the crowd . These three apps are available for both Android and iPhone / iPad iOS.
These easy and very useful applications will allow you to select (or take) a photo and crop it into different sections thus creating a series of single photos that , posted on Instagram, will appear as one big image .
Well, let’s skip the pleasantries and get to the heart of the matter. Here are the apps you absolutely must download to your device if you want to create the mosaic effect on Instagram .
This is a completely free app that allows you to divide your images into two or more parts so as to create a real mosaic.
Divide your Instagram photos into smaller pieces with Photo Splitter as if they were many small tiles of a colorful work of art. Photo Splitter is great if you have an Android device , here’s what you need to do to download and try it right away.
- Open Play Store
- Search the app or click here to download the application
- Tap the Install
Once you have opened the app and you have displayed the main screen:
- Do tap on the icon with the square and select from your Photo Gallery the image you want to crop into several parts
- Alternatively, if you prefer take a new photo at the moment, tap on the camera icon and take your photo
At this point you just have to proceed with the creation of the mosaic, here’s what you need to do:
- Choose from the menu below the number of portions (tiles) in which you want to divide your photo. You can also apply colored filters to one or more portions
- Choose the color you want from the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen and set the intensity through the adjustment bar
Also, I want to point out a very particular and interesting option of Photo Splitter: if you tap on the photo and hold it down you will have the possibility to move it in the box as you see fit. Well, after completing all the changes you deem most appropriate, it’s time to save your mosaic .
- Tap the check mark at the bottom right
- Then tap on the check mark at the top of the next screen
- From the menu that appears, choose whether to save the images in the Gallery of your device or to import them into other applications
- Visit the App Store of your device
- Search Split Pic
- Tap Get
- Select Install and authorize the download via Face ID, Touch ID or Apple ID password
- Open the app from your home screen by tapping newly added icon
- On the main screen, select the layout to split the photo you like
- Now take a photo at the moment using the device’s camera or upload the photo you want to crop from your Gallery by clicking on the landscape at the bottom right
- Tap the check mark at the bottom right
- Now if you want to change the layout touch the button with the two arrows
- If you want to add nice stickers press on the pencil
- To apply filters press on the button with the three colored circles
- To set the brightness , contrast and exposure of the photo press the button with the adjustment bars
- By tapping on the photo and continuing hold down you can move it
- If you click on pinch to zoom you can zoom in or out
- Tap on the icon you see at the top right with the arrow and the square
- Save your new photo in the Gallery
- Alternatively, you can share it directly on Instagram and other social networks
- Visit the App Store
- Search the application
- button Install
- Authorize the download via Face ID, Touch ID or Apple ID password
- Once downloaded start the app by tapping on the icon just added to your home screen
- Select the image present in the Gallery that you want to crop into several sections
- Alternatively you can take a new photo at the moment by tapping the Camera button at the top
- Beautify one or more portions of your image with effects colored (if the layout you have chosen allows you)
- Add a colorful effect to your photo
- Click on it on
- From the menu at the bottom select the color you like best and set the intensity by adjusting the appropriate bar
- Tap on Next at the top right
- At this point you can customize the new image divided into many portions with stickers, texts, writings and hand drawings. You have let yourself be carried away by creativity, now you just have to follow these last steps to have a “wow” effect on your IG wall.
- tap on the appropriate buttons at the bottom
- Click on Export located at the top right
- To conclude press on the numbers in progressive order you see on the individual portions of the photo
- A menu will open
- Your photo is ready to be shared on Instagram
- Alternatively, you can choose to save it in the Gallery of your device
Let’s move on to iOS devices now. If you are using an iOS device and want to download an app to split photos on your iPhone or on your iPad, the application that will suit you is definitely Split Pic .
Available on the App Store, this easy and very useful application helps you divide images into smaller pieces to create Instagram grid montages, basically our much-loved mosaic effect.
You can choose from the various layouts available and apply different filters and effects to make your photo grid truly original. Again this is a free app.
Here’s what you need to do to get it right on your device and start having fun.
Attention: if you decide to upload a photo already present in your Gallery, I remind you that you will have to select the image to be cut out as many times as there are mosaic tiles you want to create. I’ll give you an example. If you want to crop the photo into four sections you will have to upload the image in question four times.
At this point you just have to make all the changes you want among those provided, you will be spoiled for choice:
Well, at this point you will have finished all your edits el a photo is ready to be saved, follow these last steps:
The last app that I suggest if you want to create an original and fun mosaic effect in your Instagram feed is InstaGrids . This is exclusively for iOS users, so if you have an iPhone or iPad it’s perfect and completely free. You can find a very similar one, even on Android devices and it bears the name of Grids for Instagram.
This fun app, like the others I’ve shown you, allows you to divide an image into multiple portions so you can post a single photo on Instagram in the form of a large and colorful grid.
With this app you can upload your images to IG in a few simple steps as if it were a real mosaic made up of various tiles. Here’s what you need to do:
After finding it, press the Get
Once you have opened the application and displayed the main screen, here’s what you need to do to upload an image or take a new one:
At this point you just have to start with the changes you think are most appropriate to create your photo grid by selecting the layout c he prefer from the menu below:
As I showed you in this article dividing a photo creating a very nice effect is really very simple thanks to some valid applications that can take advantage of Instagram in a truly original way.
Who said that mosaics can only be admired in churches and museums? In a handful of moves you can recreate original and colorful ones on your Instagram wall by transforming your feed into a real work of art that will leave everyone speechless .
With the three apps I suggested you will be able to easily divide a photo into several parts to publish it on Instagram or if you prefer also on other social networks. Give space to your creativity and pursue originality on social media, this is the extra gear to get noticed and be successful.
Before I leave you, I also want to tell you about my recent article on apps to create collages, if you are a lover of this technique you will certainly find them useful for your purpose. Well, the time has come to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Choose the application that’s right for you and try your hand at the colorful world of Instagram with your new photos with this effect. The result will be spectacular!