Have you often heard of online Personal Branding and are wondering where to start to do it right? Or maybe you have a LinkedIn profile on standby and want to start making the most of it?
You are in the right place.
In this guide I will give you 7 tips for making Personal Branding is a marketing technique used by companies to create the desired image of a product or a company in the consumer’s mind. The … on LinkedIn and establish yourself as a professional on the social network dedicated to employment relationships.
Before taking the first steps towards Personal Branding on LinkedIn , I want to spend a few lines to talk about what Personal Branding is and what it is for .
Keep in mind that I will only refer to the digital sphere and to social networks in particular because, as far as it is possible to promote one’s brand-person among offline knowledge, that is in the so-called “real life”, telling about oneself on the network multiplies the opportunities for work and widen the circle of contacts potentially interested in you and your business.
Yes, because those who choose the path of online Personal Branding almost always have professional ambitions .
Whether you want to find a job, attract customers, network or prove to be competent in your sector, the principle does not change: Personal Branding means treating your online presence as if you were a A Brand is an identifying symbol, trademark, logo, name, word and / or phrase that companies use to distinguish their product from others. A combination … , building an identity consistent with the experiences, values and skills that distinguish you as a person and as a professional.
The function of Personal Branding is to communicate to Target refers to a group of potential customers to whom a company wants to sell its products or services. The Target is therefore also … the peculiarities of the brand-persona, that is the strengths and exclusive qualities that distinguish you from others to get a place well defined in the mind of the target audience. In other words, you will need to work on your Strategic Positioning.
Of course, you can choose the channels that best suit your needs – Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or even Spotify with its podcasts are great platforms for Personal Branding too. But you should never give up on Personal Branding on LinkedIn for at least 4 reasons:
- With over 15 million subscribers, LinkedIn is the most popular professional social network in Italy.
- More and more recruiters are looking for their potential candidates directly on LinkedIn.
- Millions of professionals around the world, especially in the marketing and communications and IT sectors, are already doing Personal Branding on LinkedIn successfully.
- LinkedIn was conceived precisely to highlight professional experiences, values and skills and to bring companies together and with professionals.
In the next few paragraphs you will find 7 simple tips on how to use LinkedIn to build your personal brand . Happy reading!
To learn more : how to start building your online presence
Doing Personal Branding on LinkedIn means first of all taking into account SEO.
LinkedIn SEO is essential if you want to be easily found by recruiters, companies, potential clients, colleagues or users who choose you for their network .
Here’s what you could do:
- Optimize your profile based on 3 keywords that clearly state what you do, what your job is and what sector you belong to. Suppose you are a freelance copywriter and you write content for from an SEO perspective, but also texts for Facebook ads. You could opt for the keywords “Freelance copywriter”, “SEO copywriter” and “Copywriter advertising” that you will insert in the sections of your profile, starting from the Summary through the Summary to get to the Experiences. If you want really performing keywords, check the monthly traffic with a keyword research tool like Ubersuggest and take advantage of the LinkedIn suggestions that appear at the bottom of the page when you start the search for a sector keyword from the internal bar of the social network. >
- Write your content from an SEO perspective , and we will also talk about this in step 5.
Doing Personal Branding on LinkedIn without filling out your profile properly is like building a house without a foundation.
Imagine you are a brand: to sell your products / services online or in a physical store, would you neglect your e-commerce site and give up setting up your store? I think not.
I want to tell you that the LinkedIn profile is your showcase . And if you really intend to promote your personal brand to attract customers, recruiters, collaborators or companies you have to take care of all the details .
It is estimated that 50% of profiles on LinkedIn are incomplete. But did you already know that LinkedIn penalizes users who fill in half?
Password: professionalism .
The right profile photo to start dedicating yourself to LinkedIn Personal Branding should:
- Be of good quality: leave the selfies in the smartphone gallery and choose a high resolution photo, preferably taken with a camera by a professional. Don’t panic though: if you can’t rely on a photographer or you don’t have a camera, ask your friend for help with a smartphone who takes good quality photos.
- Portray you, and only you : in the profile photo you must be in the foreground looking at the lens, preferably on a neutral background to capture the attention of the beholder. Remember to smile: more serious than serious.
- Relating to the platform : no photos with relatives, friends, children, pets, cocktails or in a bathing suit. You are about to promote your brand persona on the most popular professional social network in the world, where profiles with a photo receive 15 times more views and 8 times more connection requests than profiles without photos. So be relevant and play your cards right!
Although for many users it is still optional, for Personal Branding purposes the background photo is as important as the profile one .
How to build a strong Personal Branding thanks (also) to the cover image? You can take advantage of this precious space in many ways.
If you’re in training, for example, choose a background image that shows you in the field giving a lesson. If you intend to promote your new business through Personal Branding on LinkedIn , share the with the pay off could be an excellent thought.
Whatever your choice, be consistent with the context , especially with your business sector, and respect the etiquette of a social network dedicated to business and work.
LinkedIn assigns each profile a URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator. Colloquially called a web address, it is a reference to a web resource such as a site, page or file … random alphanumeric.
Personalizing the URL with your first and last name will make you appear higher in the search results on the platform and will strengthen the credibility of your Personal Branding on LinkedIn .
You can change your personal address by clicking on the You > View Profile > Edit your public profile and URL icon.