Why a company should do WhatsApp Marketing
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging platform in the world. With the advent of smartphones, WhatsApp messages have replaced the old text messages on most mobile phones.
In 2020, its audience reached 2 billion monthly active users. It is also a privileged channel for companies that want to reach developing countries. For example, there are 340 million monthly WhatsApp users in India and nearly 100 million in Brazil.
WhatsApp marketing allows you to stay in touch with your customers: more than half of WhatsApp users check app notifications every day.
This implies that all offers will arrive at their destination and will be read, because text messages have a 98% open rate.
Research shows that customers are very fond of this communication channel. They trust more A Brand is an identifying symbol, trademark, logo, name, word and / or phrase that companies use to distinguish their product from others. A combination … with chat apps: 53% of people say they would buy from companies they can reach via chat. (Data source)
Advantages of whatsapp-marketing for business
Using the chat communication that a platform like WhatsApp can offer for a company is a precious opportunity to improve its marketing strategy. There are four benefits of using WhatsApp for business promotion. Let’s examine them in detail.
Deep relationships with customers
Over 55% of people feel more connected to a brand if they use messaging apps. This makes WhatsApp marketing a safe strategy for building long and deep relationships with customers.
Maintaining this connection, in turn, helps brands cut costs as customer retention is up to 25 times cheaper than acquisition.
WhatsApp offers businesses a wide range of opportunities for personalization. For example, you can send ad hoc welcome messages, special offers, birthday wishes and so on. Such an approach keeps customers more engaged with a brand – over 70% of consumers say they only engage with personalized marketing messages.
Higher conversion rate
Choosing the right channel for first contact with customers is crucial.
People may react badly to phone calls, remaining poorly permeable to emails or social media.
This is precisely the situation where WhatsApp could push potential customers to purchase. Company data says customers respond to 40% of their WhatsApp messages.
Even more interesting is the evidence that messaging, after initial contact with a potential customer, can increase the rate of In web marketing, conversion means when a user takes a specific action – measurable – important for your business. Examples are access to the site, the visit of … of 112.6%.
Adding a WhatsApp phone number to a website can result in 27% more Often translated as “contact”, a lead is an individual or company who has shown interest sharing contact information, such as e-mail address, telephone number … of sale.
As we said earlier, the opportunity to reach a brand through any messaging app instills confidence in potential customers. At least 66% feel more optimistic about buying from a company if they are active on messaging services.
Reduction of marketing costs
WhatsApp still remains a very convenient marketing channel, which makes this platform attractive for small businesses. To start setting up a WhatsApp strategy, simply install an app and connect to the Internet.
The chances of the company message reaching the customer are very high. On average, a user checks WhatsApp more than 23 times a day.
In summary, WhatsApp marketing generates more conversions, improves sales, builds deep quality customer relationships and costs very little in terms of marketing expenses.
How to use WhatsApp for Business
WhatsApp Business is an app created specifically for the owner of a small business. It allows the company to have an official presence on WhatsApp and provides the tools to communicate more efficiently and easily with customers, helping the growth of the business.
To get started, you need a WhatsApp Business account. If the company doesn’t have one yet, just follow these simple step-by-step instructions.
How to create a WhatsApp Business account
- Download the WhatsApp Business app for Android or iPhone. You can find it on the App Store or Google Play or on the WhatsApp website;
- Accept the terms and conditions;
- Enter the phone number of the business;
- Enter the data and details of the business, such as the business name, a profile picture and a category describing it at best;
- In the following steps you can learn how to configure a product catalog for e-commerce or automated messaging;
- At this point, you can start connecting with your customers using WhatsApp Business messaging to communicate with them.
4 interesting uses of WhatsApp Business
But how can a small business owner actually use WhatsApp Business? Let’s look at four features that might help you.
Improve customer service
With a WhatsApp Business account, a company’s customer service can be made more efficient and personalized.
In addition to serving as a channel for direct messaging, WhatsApp Business has several tools that can be used to improve communication with customers.
- Quick responses. You can save answers to frequently asked questions as templates and set up shortcuts. This will save you the time it would take to type answers to repeating questions. And customers will get their questions answered faster.
- Labels . Labels can be used to organize and classify users and messages. This will allow you to sort messages by urgency and recognize returning customers.
- Away messages and greetings . These automatic messages ensure that the customer receives an immediate reply, even if you are unable to reply. In this way, high response times can be maintained even outside working hours. And it’s easier to communicate with international customers.
Show products in a catalog
The WhatsApp Business catalog tool is like a mobile store. It allows customers to browse the products offered without leaving the app.
Here are some features of the WhatsApp Business catalog:
- A maximum of 500 products or services can be uploaded;
- Each product or service can include a title, a Price is quantity of money required for a product or service. In a broad sense, the price is the sum of all … , a description, a product code and a link to the product on your website;
- You can share a link from the catalog in WhatsApp conversations.
Each product has an image;
Communicate with colleagues or employees
WhatsApp Business isn’t just for communicating with customers. It is also a useful way to stay in touch with employees. In fact, messaging apps like WhatsApp are used by 79% of professionals for business communication.
The group chat feature allows you to send messages to up to 256 people at the same time. You can send PDFs and other documents via WhatsApp Business. Files can be up to 100MB.
Networking with other professionals
Finally, you can use WhatsApp to communicate with other professionals in your sector. The app’s video calling tool can be used on a professional network, just like Zoom or Skype.
The synchronization of WhatsApp Business with the desktop application is very useful, which makes it possible to call professionals from the office computer.
As we have seen, WhatsApp Business is a simple tool, with great potential, which can be used by professionals and companies to improve communication with their customers, expanding business opportunities.
Are you planning to integrate WhatsApp Business into your business strategy? If you already use this tool or would like to, please leave a comment.